In Partnership With University Of Central Lancashire
Students all over the world are taking gap years on a much more regular basis nowadays – as they take some time out from their studies to develop new skills, experience new cultures and meet new people.
This has a multitude of benefits that include bolstering a resume, growing as an individual and of course, having fun! At Macclesfield FC International, we can provide you with all of this and more with our Gap Year Programme.
Open to anyone over the age of 16, our inspiring offering represents more than just a gap year – it nurtures the skills, knowledge bases and friendships that will last a lifetime.
Unique in its structure, our Gap Year Programme runs from September to May each year and ticks every box in terms of developing you as both a footballer and as a young adult. A poignant conduit between our four Week Residency Programme and full-time University Programme, we will provide an evocative taster of what it’s like to study and play football here in England.
There can be no doubt that our Gap Year Programme leads the way globally and gives every student athlete the opportunity to invest significantly in their future careers whilst also enjoying the time of their lives!
Accomodation & Facilities
If you have already been mesmerised by our football offering, then you will be delighted to hear that our accommodation facilities mirror the impeccably high standards of our coaching. You will reside within the student accommodation at the University of Central Lancashire – which not only provides world-class facilities, but also allows you to become fully acquainted with the buoyant student lifestyle. As standard, you will receive:
- A fully furnished en-suite bedroom.
- All bills covered – including electricity, heating and WiFi.
- Easy access to state-of-the-art gym and fitness facilities.
- On-site staff to help with any issues or inquiries that you may have – day or night.
- 24-hour security and CCTV provisions.
- Bicycle storage.
You will also gain a unique insight into what it is like to study for a degree qualification here in England. Not only will you be fully integrated into the student community, but you will also enjoy inspiring taster sessions from leading academic figures centred on the courses that are offered to our full-time student- athletes.
The cost of this incredible experience is £17,000 per season and can be funded in one of three ways.
A £6,500 deposit (inc. first month) followed by a £1,500 payment to be made each month.
A £6,500 deposit (inc. first month) followed by two £5,250 instalments to be paid in September and January.
A £6,500 deposit, followed by a £10,500 one-off in September.
To discuss any aspect of our Gap Year Programme, please contact our Recruitment Team who will be delighted to assist you.
All of the below is included within our Gap Year Programme as standard, with passports, food packages, flights and visas to be purchased separately.
- Full accommodation throughout your entire stay.
- A minimum of fourteen hours of coaching time per week with our respected Coaches.
- Position-specific sessions.
- Two competitive matches per week.
- Strength and Conditioning sessions.
- Access to PlayerData technology.
- Video-based feedback and personalised analysis session.
- Full access to Stealth Gymnasium at Macclesfield FC.
- Full access to The Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre at UCLan.
- Transport to all Macclesfield FC training sessions, matches and events.
- Exclusive adidas training kit.